RealPlayer offers an easy-to-use product for consumers to access and manage all their digital media from one convenient place.
RealPlayer plays all major media formats including RealVideo,
RealAudio, Windows Media and Quicktime. This makes it easier for end
users to decide on the media they want to access, not the format or
software. We take universality a step further by providing RealPlayers
for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Unix, mobile phones, portable devices,
set top boxes, DVD players and gaming consoles.
Fast Facts about the New RealPlayer:
* Consumers can use the innovative, single-click process to quickly download and save videos for later enjoyment.
Consumers can download multiple videos simultaneously with RealPlayer,
allowing people to save time and easily multitask. Users can also start
downloading in the middle of watching a video, and the entire video
will be captured.
* Consumers don't need to worry about video format
compatibility issues — the new RealPlayer supports videos created in
the most popular formats, including Flash, Windows Media, QuickTime,
* Consumers can easily burn videos to CD (or to DVD, using
RealPlayer Plus). The Video CD format used by RealPlayer can be played
in most DVD players.
* Consumers can send links of their favorite
videos to their friends with a convenient "Share with a Friend"
feature. The link that arrives in their friends' email will direct them
to the online source of the video content their friend downloaded.
* RealPlayer supports both downloading and recording for popular streaming format (Windows Media, Real, and QuickTime)
* RealPlayer will only download/record video that is not protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management) systems.
* RealPlayer features an improved look and feel, a streamlined installation process and faster video playback.
RealPlayer will first be released for Windows, and will work with both
Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Real plans a version
for the Mac to be released later in the year.